Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Alumni Spotlight...Terri Lee

Its Alumni Spotlight time. Terri Lee worked at Camp from 2000-2003. She had the task of introducing many young kids to Camp by being the PeeWee Mama in 2003.

CDR Alumni: What brought you to Camp Deer Run as a staff member? How did you find out about camp?
Terri Lee: I found out through my Honor Symposium roommate Kyla Diles. She convinced me to leave Georgia after my senior year of high school to work at CDR - one of the best decisions ever!

CDR Alumni: Share a favorite memory from your time at CDR.
Terri Lee: I guess one of my favorite memories would be of my late nights cleaning up the canteen. I know that sounds wierd but I valued that time to think about what the day held, what kids I got to talk to, how all of the staff's efforts were changing kids lives/attitudes/outlooks. Another memory that stands out is the first time I watched Cross Devo. We had practiced it as staff members, but when that first performance happened - it was completely inspiring.

CDR Alumni: How did your time at CDR impact your life?
Terri Lee: I have friends that I travel six hours to see! I keep up with almost all of my fellow staffers through blogs. I missed out on camp as a kid but CDR showed me how much fun it was to be a Christian ... also how much fun it was to play in a nasty creek :)

CDR Alumni: Tell us everything you would like people to know about your life since camp. What do you do for a living, are you married, do you have kids, etc.
Terri Lee: I am the Media Relations Coordinator for the Searcy Police Department in Arkansas. I work part-time at the local hospital and like to take pictures for fun. I have my own house that I love working on. I spend a lot of time traveling to Georgia visiting my family - and I try to get to Texas once a summer to see my old camp buddies (and their kids) :)

Here are a few pictures of Terri during her time working at Camp.
This a recent picture of Terri and her two favorite girls...her neices Kayden and Brecken.
Thanks Terri for your work out at Camp and for taking the time for sharing some of your story with us.
If you are reading this blog and haven't filled out the Alumni Spotlight Survey, I encourage you to do so. I am trying to put up an Alumni Spotlight post every week. And please send pictures as well. Also, a reminder that every Sunday I will post prayer requests. If you have something you would like the Camp Deer Run family to pray about, send that request to cdralumni@gmail.com.
Hail Dear Ol' Deer Run,
Sparky

No comments:

Post a Comment