Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Alumni Spotlight...Shelly Foreman Mullins

Its been a couple of weeks since we had our last Alumni Spotlight, so we are going to get back after it tonight by spotlighting Shelly Foreman Mullins. Shelly was camper from 1992-1998 and found out about Camp from her mother who was a camper and staff member at Camp.

CDR Alumni: Share a favorite memory from your time at CDR.

Shelly: Too many favorites to list. I loved being in the cabin with the other girls at night giggling & telling stories. Another favorite was hymn time. I loved singing when I was younger, you know, back when I was too young to know what tone deaf was. The memories are priceless.


CDR Alumni: How did your time at CDR impact your life?

Shelly: Growing up, Camp Deer Run was the first place I spent time away from my family for more than a few days. My foundation at home was always built on Christian beliefs. Building a Christian foundation outside of my home started with my time at Camp Deer Run. I made friends in Christ that I still keep in touch with today. My Niece & Nephew are campers now, and I can't wait to send my children in the future.


CDR Alumni: Tell us everything you would like people to know about your life since camp; What do you do for a living, are you married, do you have kids, etc.

Shelly: I have been married 2 1/2 years, and we're waiting a few more years to have children. I will receive my bachelor's degree in Legal Studies this year. I'm a paralegal who toys with the idea of going on to law school, with hopes of becoming a Judge one day. Most importantly, I am still loving the Lord with all my heart.


CDR Alumni: Please tell us more about your family, names, ages, anything you would like to share.

Shelly: My brother, Phillip (Flip) Foreman, was also a camper. We both LOVED 4th session. But, we did camp several sessions one summer to make sure 4th really was the best, and we found that it was. ;)

Thank you Shelly for taking the time to fill out our Alumni Survey. Unfortunately, I am sure there will be some people who may not agree with your assessment of 4th Session being the best. If you are reading this and would like to be spotlighted, make sure to go fill out a survey. If you have pictures you would like used on your spotlight or any requests to add to our prayer list, you can email these to cdralumni@gmail.com .
Hail Dear Ol' Deer Run,
Sparky

No comments:

Post a Comment