Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thank you for Camp Deer Run

I think this is too cute of a story not to tell, and I think that it sums up how so many of us feel about Camp. My wife, Sarah, and I have a 2 year old son named Riley. We have taken Riley out to Camp since he was born, and this summer he went out there with me several times. He really enjoys spending time out there and being able to run around, hanging out with the big kids. He also has made several friends his age that he talks about all of the time. Well, every night when we say our prayers, I will start out by saying "Dear God," and Riley will follow with "Thank you for ____" over and over and over. Usually he will fill in the blank with a grandparent, or an aunt or uncle, or somebody's pet. But every night, without any prompting from me or his mommy, he says, "Thank you for Camp Deer Run." Every time I hear this it puts a huge smile on my face a warm feeling in my heart. I feel the same way about Camp as my two year old son does, and I already know that it is a place that he loves. I just think that's really cool.

Hail, Dear Ol' Deer Run,
Sparky

2 comments:

  1. Spark - somehow I just found out about this, but keep up the good work! Its awesome to see old pictures and find out about old friends that I haven't talked to in a while. I'm also pretty sure I must have never eaten during my time here since every picture that pops up of me I look like I might weigh 95 pounds dripping wet! Don't know where that kid (and his metabolism) went, but I do appreciate you putting the time into doing this.

    We didm't get to make it out much this summer because of vacation and some other commitments, but hopefully Hollee, the triplets and myself will be out a lot more next summer. Thanks again for working on this!

    San Ford

    ReplyDelete