Monday, October 3, 2011

Bacon and Eggs

Here lately I've found myself eating bacon and eggs for breakfast just about every morning.  Of course in doing this, I have been reminded of my favorite out camping meal...breakfast in a bag.  Of course, my turkey bacon and scrabbled eggs are not exactly the same as what I remember eating at out camping, they still provide me with a a good memory.  If you are unaware of what breakfast in a bag is, let me educate you.  

First you take a brown paper lunch bag, and poke some holes in it so that you can hold the bad up with a stick over a fire.  Then you tear a strip bacon in half, and lay the two halves beside each other in the bottom of the bag.  You then hold the bag over the fire for a while and let the bacon cook.  I don't really understand how it works, but the grease from the bacon form some sort of barrier on the bottom of the bag, so that you can then pour your egg into the bag without it dripping out.  You then put the bag back over the fire and cook it until the eggs are done.  Then its time to eat up.

I don't know if it is because I was always hungry or what, but I loved this meal.  I always thought it was so tasty.  I never was a big snake bread kind of guy, but many people preferred eating it to the breakfast in a bag.  Either way, it was a good meal, as long as you didn't catch your bag on fire.



Hail, Dear Ol' Deer Run,
Sparky

No comments:

Post a Comment