Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Alumni Spotlight...Alex Wooten

Let's take some time to get to know some of our fellow CDR Alumni. This Alumni Spotlight is all about former camper Alex Wooten. Alex was at Camp from 1996-2005.

CDR Alumni: What brought you to Camp Deer Run as a camper or staff member? How did you find out about camp?
Alex: My cousins Chris and Geoff Banks Camped out there and my parents decided to ship me off, and i never wanted to leave...
CDR Alumni: Share a favorite memory from your time at CDR.
Alex: Two things stand out most in my memory, When myself and Andy Garner led hymn time for the rest of the Cheuks while the rest of camp was still outcamping, and Being Baptized by Lane Brown that same year....greatest memory ever.
CDR Alumni: How did your time at CDR impact your life?
Alex: It gave me purpose. in my adult life i have had good and bad times, but i promise that if it wasnt for Camp...i might not have had the skills needed to find my own faith.
CDR Alumni: Tell us everything you would like people to know about your life since camp.
Alex: I recieved a degree in Culinary Arts but for now i am working in the parts dept @ Elliott Dodge, Ihave been married since 2007 and i have 2 wonderful kids.
CDR Alumni: Please tell us more about your family, names, ages, anything you would like to share.
Alex: I married Crystal on March 16,2007, our daughter Draven was born on Oct. 1st of that year and we were blessed a wonderful son Ellion on Sept. 23 2010. they are my reason for living.
Thanks Alex for taking the time to fill out our Alumni Spotlight survey and for being willing to share a little bit about your life. Its great to hear from former Deer Runners.

If you are a former Deer Runner and would like to be spotlighted, take some time to fill out this survey. And if you send some pictures to cdralumni@gmail.com, then you will be moved to the front of the line.

Hail, Dear Ol' Deer Run,
Sparky

No comments:

Post a Comment