Saturday, April 30, 2011

Quiet Time

15 minutes. It is the only time during the day, from about 6:30 in the morning until around 11:00 at night, that Camp is completely quiet and still. It is the most unique time of the day, and yet one of the most powerful. Every day at 4:15(Camp time) all campers and staff members take a few minutes to spend some Quiet Time with God. How amazing it is to see young campers sitting outside their cabins reading their Bible, or bowing their heads and talking to God. I always enjoyed this time of day because of the tranquility that it offered. Often times I would spend my Quiet Time sitting there and listening to God. Hearing the birds sing, and the wind blowing threw the trees let me know that God was right there with me.
At Camp it is easy to spend quiet time with God. It says right on the schedule when that time is supposed to be. Away from Camp it is so much more difficult to spend quiet time with God. This is something that I am terrible about. But lately I have been thinking long and hard about making it an absolute priority to spend time with God on a daily basis. With Camp only 5 weeks away, I want to challenge you to spend time with God daily. Pray every day for this summer, that God will work in wonderful ways to bless the lives of the campers and the staff alike. I know that God listens to our prayers, and will answer those prayers, making sure that this summer will be the best one ever for Camp Deer Run.

Hail, Dear Ol' Deer Run,
Sparky

No comments:

Post a Comment