Monday, April 18, 2011

Sitting by a Fire

This past weekend I got to spend a few hours outside sitting by a fire. It sure did make me think of all the time I spent by a fire at Deer Run. There was nothing like it. The smell, the fellowship, the games, the singing, sitting there and looking up at the stars. I loved sitting by the fire at night at Camp. I was surrounded by fellow Christians at the fire this weekend, and it was wonderful to again be singing praises to God while sitting around a fire.
We didn't cook any hot dogs, which was always one of my favorite meals at Camp, but that was ok with me. The memories were there.
I thought about telling some Camp stories, like the Hatchet Man, or the White Lady, but I had a feeling that since I was surrounded by non Deer Runners, the stories wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.
But it didn't matter that I wasn't at Camp, like these pictures. I was with fellow believers, and the experience was still great. Because of my time at Camp, I have learned to treasure the special times that I have with fellow Christians, and when those times remind me of a Camp Deer Run experience, they are even better!

Hail, Dear Ol' Deer Run,
Sparky

No comments:

Post a Comment