Saturday, April 9, 2011

CDR Alumni Women's Retreat-Guest Blogger


2 weekends ago I was blessed to attend a women's retreat at one of my favorite places in the world, Camp Deer Run! I can't even begin to tell you what a refreshing weekend this was. I was flooded with memories of how God used my experiences at Deer Run to help shape the wife, mother and christian woman I am today. I would not be the same person had it not been for those experiences and the people that God put in my life.


We did all the things you are supposed to do at camp...



Played silly games and looked ridiculous doing it.






We laughed...



and laughed!



We had group bible.



Canteen.



Arts and Crafts. We made some sweet tie dyed shirts.



Hung out, made new memories




and ate meals together.



The theme was Reconnect and that's exactly what we did. We reconnected with friends, memories, ourselves, and most importantly God. Some of the things I missed pictures of were cabin bible, hymn time, flagpole devo, night devo under the stars, and group activity. It was the real camp experience packed into a weekend. I guess as an adult that is the closest I'll ever get to experiencing real camp again. The next retreat can't come soon enough.


Hail Deer Ol' Deer Run,

Sarah (Sparky's wife)



No comments:

Post a Comment